Loop.

Peace be upon you.

My Photo
Endorphins
A flawed novice observer.
View my complete profile

The crowd.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Marching Bands of Manhattan.

This song is by Death Cab For Cutie. It's the first track of the album 'Plans' and DAMN I'm so in love with the chorus, and eventually the whole album itself. I already put this song up at the Mixpod player.. which you can see at the top of the page. The song's kinda old.. but it never cease to amaze me :D

Enjoy.


If I could open my arms
And span the length of the isle of Manhattan
I'd bring it to where you are
Making a lake of the East River and Hudson

And if I could open my mouth
Wide enough for a marching band to march out
They would make your name sing
And bend through alleys and bounce off all the buildings

I wish we could open our eyes
To see in all directions at the same time
Oh, what a beautiful view
If you were never aware of what was around you

And it is true what you say
That I live like a hermit in my own head
But when the sun shines again
I'll pull the curtains and blinds to let the light in

Sorrow drips into your heart through a pinhole
Just like a faucet that leaks and there is comfort in the sound
But while you debate half empty or half full
It slowly rises, your love is going to drown
(4 x)

Your love is going to drown (4 x)

Your love is going to..

Totally love the meaning behind this song. The chorus, especially, tells you that sorrow will, in time, make you oblivious to the world, and maybe even to love. And while you decide whether or not you want to take love in - to be in doubt - eventually the love will fade away.

Well, that's what I thought anyway :)

0 hello(s):